The Bright Day Chronicles
Experience Points are used to unlock or upgrade your hero. They are earned by exploring the various assets of your character’s personality.
- Once a session when you activate your 1 XP milestone.
- Once a session when you activate your 3 XP milestone
- Once an act when you activate your 10 XP milestone
- When the GM spends a d12 out of the doom pool for any reason, everyone at the table earns 1 XP.
- When the GM closes the Scene early by spending 2d12, which earns 2 XP for everyone.
- Providing insight into the story-line, both in and out of character, may result in the GM awarding you XP.
- Act on a Personal Belief (Once a game session)
- Act on a Personal Sin (Once a game session)
- Act according to your Nature (Once a game session)
- Act according to your Demeanor (Once a game session)
- Act according to any one of your Attitudes (Once a game session)
- Whenever someone uses one of your flaws against you, you earn XP according to the following chart:
1 = 1d4
2 = 1d6
3 = 1d8
4 = 1d10
5 = 1d12
You can only earn up to 25 XP per gaming session.
You can spend XP in the following ways:
• You can spend XP to increase the minimum amount of PP you start each game session with. This amount is a 1 to 1 ratio. This minimum is specific to the world you are in and resets whenever you travel to a world in which you have not spent any XP.
• When you are spending RP, you may spend an additional 5XP to add or replace a limit in a power set.
• At the end of a session, you may spend 10 XP to purchase an additional RP. This can only be done once a session, at the end of the session.
• 20 XP Treat one Trait or Ability as being Trained. This can only be done once a session, at the end of the session.